Lung Cancer Specialist in Ranchi
Lung cancer, as the name implies, is cancer that develops in the lungs. You can breathe in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide due to the two flexible lungs that are in your chest. Lung cancer is the foremost and significant cause of cancer-related deaths across the world. Your risk of lung cancer is equivalent to the number of cigarettes you’ve smoked. Consult oncologist Dr. Satish Sharma, immediately for lung cancer treatment if you are having any symptoms mentioned below:
- Coughing up blood, even a little bit of it, after a recent cough
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest pain
- Weight loss that occurs naturally
- Bone ache
Causes of Lung Cancer
Smoking is the primary cause of lung cancer in both smokers and those exposed to secondhand smoke. Lung cancer can, however, also develop in nonsmokers and those who have never been exposed to secondhand smoke for a long time. In some cases, the exact cause of lung cancer may not be known.
Lung Cancer Diagnosis
There could be numerous stages in the diagnosis of lung cancer. Inquire about your medical history, describe your symptoms, and have a physical examination done when you first see a healthcare provider (like listening to your heart and lungs). Due to the fact that the symptoms of lung cancer are similar to those of numerous other, less severe disorders, your doctor may start by requesting blood tests and a chest X-ray.
If your doctor suspects you may have lung cancer, the next steps in the diagnosis usually involve more imaging tests, like a CT scan and a biopsy. A PET/CT scan can determine whether cancer has spread, and testing on cancerous tissue removed during a biopsy can assist medical professionals in choosing the most effective course of action.
Tests performed by a lung cancer specialist doctor in Ranchi
Your healthcare provider may order or perform several tests, including blood tests, imaging procedures, and fluid or tissue biopsies.
- Blood tests: Blood tests or examinations can help your doctor examine the condition of your organs and other body parts, but they cannot diagnose cancer on their own.
- Imaging: Chest X-rays and CT scans can show the doctor images of your lungs. PET/CT scans are routinely used to evaluate a concerning CT scan finding or to determine whether cancer has spread after a cancer diagnosis.
- Biopsy: To closely evaluate what’s happening inside your chest, your doctor may do several procedures. To obtain samples of tissue or fluid that may be studied, your doctor may perform a biopsy during the same techniques.
If you have any symptoms or signs that keep coming back, make an appointment with a lung cancer specialist in Ranchi. Your doctor might recommend counseling, medicines, and nicotine replacement therapy as ways to help you stop smoking. Dr. Satish Sharma offers medical oncology treatments. To achieve outstanding patient outcomes, Dr. Satish is adamant about utilizing the best treatment strategies, cutting-edge technology, and therapeutic techniques.